top of page



We have been awarded the 'Homes for Ukraine' support programme by Peterborough City Council, to help Ukrainian refugees in the city. This means we are working in conjunction with the City Council as the main point of contact for new arrivals, looking out for their welfare and supporting their integration for at least the first year. Below is some more detailed information on the types of support new arrivals might need. 


Drop-in sessions for people on the 'Homes for Ukraine' scheme: 

Mondays & Thursdays: 10am to 1pm every week.

H.E.L.P.ful Links


Parent & Toddler groups in Peterborough

Blog explaining UK Education system for Ukrainians

    HELP on arrival 

When a Ukrainian refugee first arrives, our staff will do a welfare house visit to check all is ok in their new hosted

home and provide the immediate practical assistance needed.

- We will provide a welcome pack and caseworker's contact details.

- We also have free UK sim cards with 20GB free data per month & unlimited UK calls, for you to use in your mobile.

HELP with forms 

If you need help registering with the doctor, local schools or nurseries and applying for Universal Credit,

we can assist you with completing the forms.

Please call our office on 01733 735563 to make an appointment or email us at 

HELP with English

We have a small friendly English class offered at our centre twice a week. If the classes are full, we can help you register for free lessons with one of the local colleges. Email us on to find out more. 

HELP with bank account

To open a UK bank account, you will need to contact a bank of your choice (it is easier to choose one with a branch in your area). They will arrange an appointment for you to bring your ID and take your contact information. Contact us if you have trouble with setting up a bank account. 

Banks in Peterborough include: Metro, HSBC, Natwest, Barclays, Lloyds, Leeds Building Society, Nationwide.

HELP with mental health 

If you feel like your struggling with the effects of trauma or poor mental health, your doctor can refer you for counselling. Refugee Council can offer trauma counselling to Ukrainian refugees,

Or you can call these helplines

Red Cross: 0808 196 3651 (open 10am - 6pm) interpreters available

Samaritans: 116 123 (open 24 hours) or NHS: 111 (open 24 hours)

HELP with work

If you need help with creating your CV, finding job opportunities, completing job applications, or advice about local courses available. We can offer advice and guidance from an experienced advisor.

Call us on 01733 735563 to arrange an appointment.

HELP with food

If you are struggling to afford essential food or toiletries:

- We have some donations at our office we can supply you with or we can also give a voucher for the local food banks.

- The Red Cross can sometimes help with essentials, call 0808 196 3651 between 10am to 6pm. 

- Millfield Community Fridge:  Tues to Friday (10 am -12) at Open Door Baptist Church Hall, Searjeant Street, PE1 2LY

HELP with integration 

We have planned a series of information sessions and social groups for you to learn useful local information and meet others. Social connections make a big difference to settling into a new area and helps you build a network of support around your family. Contact us by email or phone for a list of our Ukrainian support events.

HELP with safety 


If you have a safety concern please contact us, we can help you with issues such as domestic abuse, concern about a child or emergency accommodation issues. We are here for you when you need us & have an out-of-hours phone line for Ukrainian arrivals to use for emergency situations, every evening and weekend, this will be given to them at the welcome visit. 

HELP from University 

Their offer includes some funding for students to study, financial help for researchers, clinical work placements for

medical students, funding for residential PHD students and more.

Please see link below to read more: 

bottom of page